Monday, May 4, 2009

SK Ultimate Scrapper - Season 2

It was a blast and suspense weekend
over at SK Forum
The FiESTa was at the max when it was down
with 4 scrappers at the Ultimate Scrapper Challenge
It was not easy to scrap under pressure
but the ladies did an awesome job!!!
I would like to take the opportunity
to thank all the scrappers at SK Forum
to make the Ultimate Scrapper Season 2 possible!!
THANK YOU!!!

Here are the final entries :
Challenge was to do a mini album by applying
all the other challenges that they had done earlier

Rowee's album



"For the whole page I incorporate the technique of embossing
using my cuttlebug embossing folder
Cut manually my 8x11 chipboard to a circle a bit bigger than a cd
Adhere a pp. and distressed it with a black ink on the sides
I applied all 4 themes from challenge 1-4
I used black and white photo
I also used my embossing technique which I did on challenge 4
I cut my photo with decorative scissors
and mat it with black as for challenge 3
And lastly (for challenge 1) I scrap an album of my family
because they are my source of inspirations
why I scrap and never been able to stop"

Yatie's album


"It's a 6x6 7Gypsies board album.
Instead of using pp for background, I blended distress inks,
stamped with various types of ink pads and embossed certain images on it.
Other materials are flowers, lace trims, vintage wordings,
chipboard letters (sanded for a distressed look),
stickers, a metal key, grungeboard keyhole and swirlie,
crystal swirlies and some ribbons.
There's journaling from challenge 1,
black and white photos from challenge 2,
a theme to the album from challenge 4,
no rub ons from challenge 3"


Tessah's album



"Since we are celebrating NSD and Earth Day,
I decided to recycle and focus on scrapbooking
and my life in doing the mini album
Pages are made from toilet paper rolls
I used the embossing technique using a cuttlebug then inked the paper
Stamping the photo with a rubber stamp using an acrylic paint
I used the crakle paint on acrylic technique
I altered chipboards in 2 ways - using glitters and diamond glaze
I use the felt quilting & hand stitching technique on my cover
Masking technique on my last page
Picture bracelet technique on the chain hanging on my mini..
those are pics of my works for the ultimate scrappers
Most of the embellies here are almost handmade by me"

Liza's album




"I used "Simple Pleasures" and "Love" for family as my theme.
From thh challenges we did, I applied the following:
I used 1 CS and 1 PP except for one page
I used B&W elements for 1 page
I used a whimsical design as border on one of my page
I used my ATC as added embellishment for the entire mini album
I mainly used edge distressing on my mini.
The masking can be seen on the ATC."

Before the mini album challenge,
the four "daredevils" had created these lovely creations
Feast yourself with their awesome creations.

Challenge #1
"Do a layout of what Scrapbooking means to you
with one pattern paper & cardstock"

Challenge #2
"Do a layout of Black & White colour scheme"


Challenge #3
"To create a stylish photo frame around your photo"



Challenge #4
"Do 4 ATCs of the same theme and to
incorporate techniques as well"




We are honoured to have Sharon Ong as our guest judge
She is the Creative Head of Laines
and she designs for Purple Onions
Her work is just amazing!!

We will announce the winner here tonight!
Look out for this space :)


2 comments:

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

Oh these are all lovely!Thanks Wati for uploading all our works here.Thanks for organizing such a memorable experience!!What a blast NSD celebration with You and the rest of the girls at SK!!

Chowchow said...

Ladies - you have definitely set another high standard to the Ultimate Scrappers Challenge. Whoever wins - you all are still ALL WInners in my eyes...